Physics Programmer (Vehicles)
Location: Manchester or Liverpool UK
We are looking for an experienced Vehicle Physics Programmer to work on an exciting Racing Title!.
You will be responsible for the implementation and improvement of all physics systems for current and future projects.
As a Physics Programmer you will work closely with other teams both internally and externally to and help us shape the technology powering the next-gen racing games.
- Improving engine architecture and evolving an existing codebase
- Leading and mentoring the programming team.
- Tyre friction modelling
- Suspension modelling
- Engine simulation
- Chassis simulation
Experience & skills:
- Strong art and design skills.
- Good maths skills
- Previous experience with simulation level vehicle dynamics
- C/C++ programming experience
- UE4 experience
- PhysX experience (ideally) OR experience developing other physics solutions
- Knowledge of motorsports/race cars ideal
- General engine development experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good "can do" attitude.
- Good communication skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and a fast learner.
- Ability to work with artists, designers and other content creators to make sure they can get the most out of the technology.
- A passion for video games & motorsports!
Please e-mail email@example.com with your Cover Letter, CV and link to portfolio.