SimBin is looking for an organized and enthusiastic Senior Game Programmer for our RaceRoom branch developing the game run at RaceRoom locations. You will work closely with the project manager responsible for the game software running at RaceRoom locations all over the world. You should feel comfortable having the lead role in a small team and be an excellent communicator.
You understand agile development methods and have an eye for business values and are able to quickly adapt to changes in regards to processes, goals and visions. You most likely come from a game-play programming background with some insight in database communication methods.
You will be working with us in Lidköping, Sweden, on the shores of Lake Vänern and in a newly built and ultra-modern office, which houses one of the world’s largest RaceRooms. We are using a personalized SCRUM method to make things happen and get everyone on the same page. We will help you move here and host you in the company apartment until you can settle in.
- Deliver efficient, clear and thoroughly tested code for various elements of the software
- Document your progress and explain your work to the entire team
- Be curious about the team’s activity and suggest solutions whenever you can
- Be a quick learner and always make sure that every feature is crystal clear to you
- Communicate and work together with external parties/partners
- Help maintain, promote and improve the SimBin code standards
- Well organized with a desire to know your product by heart
- Great team player with a passion for getting things done
- Flexible and resourceful
- Appreciate the importance of planning and tracking processes
- Equally willing to work on your own bit of code as well as someone else’s
Skills and experience
- Great proficiency in C++ and at least one game under your programming belt
- Good C# knowledge
- Ability to write reliable, scalable, crystal clear and well documented code
- Passionate about math, data structures, network communication, and algorithms
- Ability to work in an international environment and with international coding minds
- Great English
You get extra SimBin love if you…
- Have experience in a video game development team
- Share our passion for racing simulators and racing in general
- Have the right to work in Sweden (citizen of any country part of the European Union) and can relocate soon
This is a permanent position.
The SimBin Headquarters is located in Lidköping Sweden, on the shores of Lake Vänern. Fresh air, room to wander, and a strong sense of community are just a few of the many things we’ve to offer.
Please state “Senior Game Programmer” as subject when you apply to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about SimBin and Lidköping at The SimBin Insider where we share our stories about game developement and general life in the SimBin family.