We are looking for a technically interested, structured and target oriented web backend developer as a programmer for our online portal and games. The individual we are looking for will be part of the team working on further development of the online portal which will become the link between the games from SimBin and our fans.
He/she should see possibilities instead of problems and will together with the backend team and the Technical Coordinator develop various features/systems within web and game technologies.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Provide analysis, design, development, implementation, maintenance and support of integrated solutions using technologies such as C#, REST, JSON, WCF, .NET 2.0/4.0, PHP, C++, etc.
- Ensure applications, interfaces are available to different business clients, within SLA criteria.
- Provide user/systems administration and support.
- Assess and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the backend systems/services to ensure user requirements and business objectives are met in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Creation and maintenance of system & application documentation.
- Develop end-to-end understanding of applications being supported.
- Develop broad understanding of the business/clients functions and processes and how they integrate with our system.
These are the main technical skills which are required:
- 3+ years of Integration and Web/Desktop Application Development experience.
- Strong experience of working with C# and Web Services (Ideally WCF, RESTFUL and .NET Web services).
- Strong knowledge of Internet Security (Cryptography, Certificates deployment, OpenSSL).
- Strong knowledge of Design Patterns.
- Good knowledge of Databases, SQL and ORM (Preferably MS SQL Server).
- Experience with Web Servers (IIS, Apache), Load Balancing and Administration.
- Good skills in Visual Studio and other development tools.
- Analytical and attention to detail.
- Good documentation skills.
- Good communicator and team player.
Other experiences which are valuable but not required:
- Experience with using Amazon EC2 Web Services and Content Delivery Networks.
- Cloud based deployments, concepts of virtualization and Hyper V.
- Commercial experience in WPF, Silverlight development will be a plus.
- Interest of games and entertainment.
- Interest in cars or motorsports.
This is a 8 months projectbased employment, with a view on extension, and requires relocation to Lidköping. The SimBin Headquarters is located in Lidköping Sweden, on the shores of Lake Vänern. Fresh air, room to wander, and a strong sense of community are just a few of the many things we’ve to offer.
Please write “C# Backend” in the subject line when you apply for this position by mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about SimBin and Lidköping at The SimBin Insider where we share our stories about game developement and general life in the SimBin family.